Penang Teambuilding Trip

2nd December, 2016


My company has held a team building activities this year at Penang. I am quite lucky that I got the chance to go to Penang which I have not been there before. The trip was very short and rush as time is time limited but we still managed to get around to some places before leaving.

Getting on the early flight from miri to Kl and continue to our next flight from Kl to Penang. Finally we arrived Penang around 12.30pm, took a cab to the Golden Sands Resorts and we have to walk to another resort next to our resort, Rasa Sayang Resorts for lunch and after that we have a team building seminar from 2.00pm to 6.00pm.

Going to my flight....Yipee!

On the plane, before flying...

With Daphne and Jane. Waiting for next flight to Penang.


Going to the hotel, in a cab now.


Some nice dessert at the hotel

Having lunch in the hotel
At the Seminar


After the seminar, we all went back to our hotel room to rest for a while then went out to have our dinner around Penang. I've finally taste and experienced the tasty street food in Penang. Feeling so full and satisfied, we go for our second round of food journey, dessert tasting. We visit a shop which sells wide of variety of cakes, if not mistaken the shop name is called the China House. The cakes were nice and delicious, that place is totally a heaven to me.


The hotel that we stayed in, Golden Sands Resort

My room view

Dragonfruit Juice with lemon, nice!






All the delicious Penang Street Foods





Cake Heaven.....at China House





Delicious nice cakes....Yum Yum

Back to hotel to have a rest finally, there goes my day 1 in Penang.

3rd December, 2016


Wake up early this morning to get prepared and go to have our breakfast at our hotel, even though there are wide varieties of choices for the food but I don't feel like eating much since it is still very early in the morning, no appetite and with morning sickness. After breakfast, we still got a little time to take photos around our hotel. After that we have to walk to the Rasa Sayang Resorts again for the team building activities today.



Good Morning, Penang!

View from my room, early in the morning


Sitting at the balcony outside my room.

What a big set of chess!








Nice relaxing place



Swimming pool at my hotel



Beach view near my hotel




Back view of my hotel


Our team building activities today is to build a sandcastle. We are divided into 10-11 people in a team. I am in the team 18. While building the sandcastle, we are also assigned to play certain games to win us some tools for building the sandcastle. Luckily the weather is not too hot today. Spending around 2 - 3 hours at the beach, finally we have to get back to the hall again for awaiting results and some discussions to be done too. Our team didn't win any prize. But all my team members are very nice and friendly.


Our team sandcastle....haha...not very nice as we didn't have much tool to do it. 


All the Public Mutual staffs....

Beach view at the Rasa Sayang Resort

Group photos of the Public Mutual team building Batch 2

Only managed to have lunch at the hotel around 2pm something. At that time, we are all hungry to death and I got my gastric immediately after having half plate of my food. Went back to rest in the hotel after that. Feel so tiring and lazy to move once stay at the hotel.


My Lunch, mix with different kind of food....

Took another photos of my hotel view 








We went out around 4pm. We went to take lots of photos at the street arts in Penang and also at the 3D Trick Art Museum. After that, we only have a little bit time to walk around the Gurney Paragon shopping mall before going back to our hotel to have our buffet dinner. By the time we get back to the hotel, it is already 9pm, I am having my dinner so late which causing my gastric problem getting worse in the midnight. 

























Some photos took at the Penang Street Arts













































Some photos taken at the 3D Trick Art Museum


Buffet Dinner at our hotel

There goes my day 2 in Penang. 



4th December, 2016


I didn't even sleep for the whole night, because of the gastric pain and at the same time, I got diarrhea and vomiting all my dinner from last night. I am sick. Can't wait to get back home soon.

Today is the day for us to go back hometown, this morning having only white porridge at the hotel, didn't even have the appetite to eat anything at all. Once we reached the airport, I went to the airport clinic, consult a doctor and have my medicine. I couldn't remember how I survived those waiting time and flying time, but I spend most of time sleeping in flight. Finally reached miri at around 5.00pm. Thanks god, I am finally back home!

Eventhough it is not a happy trip in the end but I am grateful that I have been to Penang before. Thanks to my company and all the colleagues to make my day special in Penang.



Morning sick look

Going back to Miri soon. Bye Bye Penang!




No comments:

Dinner Gathering with Allan

 20th October, 2023 Today we went for dinner gathering with Allan. This is probably the last gathering dinner we will have as colleagues.