My 6th Wedding Anniversary

14th May, 2011

Today is my 6th Wedding Anniversary. Couldn't believe that our marriage has been in the sixth year now and our family has grown to four family members. When you recall back to six years ago, I was still young and single, carefree without any burden. I remember how my wedding was. I am not as lucky enough as the other women, who can have their own wedding ceremony, inviting all their friends and family for their wedding. Six years ago, I have accidentally got pregnant and with this reason, I have to get married soon. That's why Kelven is the same age as my wedding anniversary. At first, we were thinking of having a wedding ceremony too but at the same time, my hubby's big brother was also getting married. So in their hokkien superstitious, brothers couldn't have the wedding together, so we were said to have it after the baby born. Then we just went to the Chinese Chamber Association to registered married on the 14th May, 2005 and that's how my marriage is. Even our wedding photo was taken after two years of marriage, when my Kelven was already two years old and like I said, I am not lucky enough to have a wedding ceremony because after Kelven was born, it was like unnecessary to have a wedding ceremony anymore. Because everyone knew you are married with a baby now. What for having a ceremony to tell the whole world that you are married! But then I believe that all this ceremony thing really doesn't matter to me anymore because I don't even have much friends and family and marriage is something between you and your husband. So as long as you are happy with him, then nothing matters. Till now, I am so grateful that I have chosen the right man to be with for the rest of my life. Wish that our marriage will go on forever till the end of my life. :)


the young, carefree and single Me :)

My Wedding Photo (Well, I am not really satisfied with most of my wedding photos as it was taken by a poor quality studio [Monalisa]) 

No comments:

Dinner Gathering with Allan

 20th October, 2023 Today we went for dinner gathering with Allan. This is probably the last gathering dinner we will have as colleagues.