My Confinement Month

27th February, 2011 - 27th March, 2011

This one month is the most suffering month I ever had. As you know, when you are on confinement, you have to take good rest, to recharge your body and energy after the delivery for at least one month. Luckily this time, we did hired a confinement lady to help to take care of the baby and me. It costs us around RM2,500 for it. So I could take good rest without doing much on my own. Well, during this one month, I have spent all of my time in my room only, lying on the bed, playing with my iphone. I was then served with three meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. But i was so tired of the food being served as it was the same food all the way. Kacama, Egg, chicken, herbal chicken soup, mee sua, 猪肚 and 猪腰. Mostly is cooked with wine and ginger. Only on the third week, I can start eating vegetables.

I remembered I have eaten kacama for the first three days of confinement. Then we have to go for checking at the policlinic after three days of delivery. To our dismay, Kelson was examined of having jaundice. So the doctor had advised, it is better to stop eating wine and ginger since I am breastfeeding. Well then I stop having food with wine and ginger. Just having those herbal chicken soup for almost two weeks. Luckily, the rate for the jaundice has dropped once I stopped eating those wine and ginger. Starting from the third week, I have started eating wine and ginger again, since we think it is ok for me to eat already but to our dismay, we still find Kelson look yellowish on his skin. So we went to the policlinic again for checking. In the end, found that his jaundice rate did drop but very slow.

Then the doctor said they have to take Kelson blood to examine to check whether his blood or his liver got problem. They made it so serious till we are so worried about his jaundice condition. So we went for the blood test, but when the nurse tried to take the blood from Kelson, they couldn't managed to get blood from him because his blood nerve is too tiny and they couldn't see it at all. Poor Kelson has been crying till his face turn black because they have been using the jab to try to get the blood from him once but unsuccessful and those stupid nurse has been pressing his poor little hand till it turn black, 黑青 already. They wanted to try the second time, but my hubby and I couldn't bear to see him being hurt again, further our confidents towards the nurse is now zero so we refused to let them to do the test anymore. We left the clinic and went to the private clinic instead. Luckily the private clinic doctor said it is normal that a baby still had jaundice after four weeks since he is having breast milk. It will normally goes off around a month till two month. Well, finally we can let our worries down. In the end, I gave up breast feeding and start formula milk after this one month and Kelson does not look yellowish anymore.

Another thing that I hate about confinement is we couldn't take bath during this period of time, even if you can, you have to use those herbal type of water which is brown/black color to take bath. But no washing hair at all for this one month, which irritates me so much because my hair was so oily and the scalp is itchy like hell. Further, you have to wrap your body all over tightly so that the wind wouldn't get into you. Then, you will be sweating like hell too and no bath. Can you imagine that? Luckily that period of time has already ended. If you asked me whether I want another child more? Well, my answer to you is NO, since the whole pregnancy, delivery and confinement period is so much suffering actually. Have to think twice if you really want to have a baby.

No comments:

Dinner Gathering with Allan

 20th October, 2023 Today we went for dinner gathering with Allan. This is probably the last gathering dinner we will have as colleagues.